DOMENIC PICCONE, C.E.T., LEED AP
Mr. Piccone is a focused and committed professional with over 29 years’ comprehensive knowledge of project management services. He brings a long history of successful operations and management to his role as President of SYNRG Group Construction Partners Inc. (SYNRG).
In 1984, after attending Ryerson University’s (Toronto) Civil Engineering program, Mr. Piccone joined Peerless Enterprises Ltd. as an Estimator where he was responsible for submitting pricing for roofing materials, maintaining quality control initiatives and implementing employee training and development.
In 1987, Mr. Piccone left Peerless Enterprises Ltd. to pursue his career in management. His role was to plan, execute and finalize residential, commercial and industrial projects valued in excess of five million dollars respectively. Mr. Piccone’s talent for acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants was proven as he delivered projects according to strict plans and budgets.
In further pursuit of his career in construction management, Mr. Piccone joined Belrock Construction Ltd. in 1991. During his 20 years working as a project manager for Belrock, Mr. Piccone worked on and completed many high-end projects including hotels and banquet facilities, retail stores, industrial buildings and arenas.
In 2011, SYNRG was established to meet the growing market requirements for a quality construction management and general contracting firm. Since its inception, Mr. Piccone assumed the role of President and is eager to share his expertise in this industry with prospective clients, subcontractors and employees.
Provided construction management services to complete the following projects:
- Marriott Courtyard & Conference Center (Mississauga, Ontario) – 125 Guestroom Hotel w/ 5,000 SF Conference Center & commercial kitchen, 14,800 SF U/G parking, 122 spaces precast parking structure, cast in place concrete foundations & structural slab, concrete block shear walls w/ precast hollowcore slab structure, EFIS panel / stone veneer building envelope, aluminum windows, and upgraded hotel interior finishes. Amenity areas include lounge, business center, S-Bar, two-storey pool & hot tub area and exercise room.
- TAO Condo (Richmond Hill, Ontario) – 170 suite residential condo / 23 Retail Units (on ground Floor), approximately 165,000 SF 7-storey cast in place concrete structure with two (2) levels of underground parking, precast / window wall aluminum glazing. Amenity areas include party room, games room, dining room, video room & lounge areas.
- Triumph North (Schomberg, Ontario) – 127 suite residential condo approximately 150,000 SF cast in-place concrete shear / core walls, hollow-core floor & roof panels, solid precast balcony panels, exterior EFIS panels with vinyl punch window. Amenity spaces include party room, lounge areas & pool.
- Hilton Homewood Suites (Vaughan, Ontario) – 140 room Hotel, 7 storey concrete structure, including pool and exercise facilities
- Springhill Suites by Marriott (Vaughan, Ontario) – 175 room Hotel, 8 storey concrete structure, including pool and exercise facilities
- Courtyard by Marriot (Kingston, Ontario) – 128 room Hotel, 4-storey steel structure, including pool and exercise facilities
- Hilton Garden Inn (Mississauga, Ontario) – a 152 room Hotel, 9-storey reinforced concrete load bearing shear walls with hollow-core, including pool and exercise facilities.
- Hilton Garden Inn/Toscana Banquet Facility (Vaughan, Ontario) – 155 rooms, 6-storey reinforced concrete and load bearing masonry wall structure with hollow-core, including pool and exercise facilities.
- Le Germain Hotel (Toronto, Ontario) – 123 rooms, full service Boutique Hotel, 12-storey reinforced concrete structure, cavity wall / masonry veneer construction.
- Zenon Environmental (Oakville, Ontario) – $12 million design/build, self-sufficient plant/warehousing facility.
- Retail stores: Home Depot, K-Mart, Canadian Tire, Rona, Loeb and Loblaw’s (Various locations across Ontario).
- Ice Arena / Community Centre (Woodbridge, Ontario)
- Library/Indoor Basketball & Shuffleboard /Community Hall (Mt. Albert, Ontario)